Are you seeking the best fire pits for grass use? As much as a fire pit can make your garden enviable, choosing the wrong one could turn it into a nightmare. How?
Fire pits are these hot bowls of fire with giving out heat energy of 1000 degrees Fahrenheit which can sometimes go up to 2000 degrees also. Such an intense heat damages even concrete surface beneath it, leave alone the gentle grass. This is why we recommend investing in a fire pit mat.
4 Best Fire Pits for Grass
Choosing a fire pit for grass is a bit different from choosing it for our deck. The deck these days, usually, have a protective coating over it to protect the wood from weather conditions like UV rays from the sun or even from rain. That said, they still need to be taken care of while installing a fire pit but not as much as grass surface needs. The grass, in no way, can have that kind of privilege. So, you always need to select the fire pit for your garden which ultimately doesn’t kill the grass beneath.
This is one gas fire pit which has scored well in both performance and looks department. It is made up of natural volcanic rocks which is environment-friendly as it is all magnesia. The stone look of the fire pit merges well with the landscape of the garden. But the inner portion of the fire pit is made up of 304 stainless steel which, undoubtedly gives it the durability essential for a fire pit.
- weighs 40 pounds
- measures 27” (L) x 27” (W) x 9.5” (H)
- heat generation of 40,000 BTUs which is quite good to give you warmth in the chilly outdoors
- length of the gas pipe is 10 feet
- single-step ignition button which has a knob to adjust the heat
- a tank seat to place the gas tank is a part of the purchase
- a dust cover to cover the pit when not in use
- a battery is also included in the kit
- Lava rocks come as a part of the package too
Overall, this is quite a good deal as it is artistic as well as practical. No ash or smoke ensures no damage to the grass beneath. And all those 4 stars and above reviews gives it the stamp of approval. The best fire pits for grass use need to be durable, safe and mobile.
This is one beautifully crafted gas fire pit which will give a castle-like feel to your garden. Made up of Envirostone which is weather-resistant and a protective coating over it to protect against UV radiations in the outdoors, this one surely is quite durable.
- weighs 63 pounds approximately
- measures 20.5” (L) x 20.5” (W) x 29.13” (H)
- 40,000 BTU heat output which adds powerful warmth and soft light to the outdoors
- comes with pulse ignition and a knob to control the amount of heat
- 20 lbs. propane tank
- a dust cover to cover the pit when not in use
- lava rocks to add to the fire bowl
- burns without any smoke or odor
This gas fire pit has everything which will make your get-togethers memorable while keeping your grass green. All the raving reviews of the product are testimonials to it.
This one’s a heavy-duty, literally. This gas fire pit from Hiland is a beautiful piece to add to your garden if you are looking for a pit with a wooden finish. Afraid of the wood fire pit for not being durable? Then this one’s the practical solution. It just has a beautiful wooden finish which is brushed faux.
- weighs 130 pounds
- measures 46” (L) x 46” (W) x 24” (H)
- runs on 20 lbs. propane tank
- hose and the regulator are provided
- generates 40,000 BTUs of heat to keep the surroundings warm and enlightened
- the fire pit serves the dual purpose of being used as a table too, as the lid for the burner area is a part of it
This fire pit is for you if you are looking for an almost permanent fixture to your garden as it is quite heavy. But this weight has just been added to it to make it more durable. And hundreds of people aren’t disappointed to place their bet on this one. It will take care of your grass too.
Technology and engineering have been refined with this fire pit. It sets up in just 60 seconds.
The fire pit is a pop-up fire pit but that doesn’t mean it is low on quality. It has been made with aircraft aluminum and stainless steel. It is a portable fire pit as it can be packed like a foldable chair.
- weighs 7.25 pounds
- measures 24” (L) x 24” (W) x 15” (H)
- elevated base ensures a safe distance from the grass beneath
- wood, charcoal and paraffin wax logs can be used as a fuel
- stainless steel fire mesh which has been weaved to a micron level to keep all the ash stick to the mesh only
- rust-free material used
- meets all the requirements of BLM and Forest Service Regulations for fire bans
The material of the fire bowl is such that it quickly cools down in just 90 seconds after the fire is extinguished. This shows the heat-absorbing capacity of the material and its ability to contain the heat within and not passing it onto the grass beneath.
Just being a little careful while buying a fire pit for your garden will certainly keep your garden from being burnt. Look for the amount of heat generated by the fire pits and the distance of the fire bowl from the ground.
These two are the basic things to consider apart from the embers produced in case you use wood as a fuel. Try to bring one with a screen mesh over the fire bowl to keep the embers inside the bowl.
Lastly, you can even add about 1-inch of sand layer to the bottom of the fire bowl which will keep the base from overheating. Using a few simple tricks will go a long way to keep your grass from dying. Winters are here. Enjoy them in your backyard beside fire and soak in all that greenery!
So, if you are seeking the best fire pits for grass use we hope this article has provided the information you were seeking.